Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kemboja of my eyes



At last! I have been waiting for months, and at times I must admit, I had my doubts. It didn’t seem to be forthcoming. I thought I have nurtured her well. I have even pampered her - talked to her daily, attended to her, take care of her needs.


But she has not provided me with what my heart, eyes and senses’ desire.


I had thought of getting new one – to replace her that is. Two weeks ago on my way to a cousin’s wedding in Sg Buloh, I saw some lovely replacement by the roadside. A couple of them even bordered on exotic. I mean I am used to see those in reds and whites or a mixture of red and whites, call them pink if you must, but I seldom see those in yellow. Lovely, I thought.


But I decided to stick to what I have and now I am rewarded with its first bloom. How excited I was this morning to see these beautiful red petals, just starting to open up.

I am sure more are blooming in the next couple of days and I bet you that in a couple of weeks, my kemboja tree will be covered with beautiful red blooms and they will, to quote the late John Denver, fill up my senses!


Original Posting
Saturday January 27, 2007 - 11:04pm (SGT)
Edit Delete Permanent Link

Beautiful! Great start..
Sunday January 28, 2007 - 11:13am (SGT)

No comments:

Post a Comment