Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oh burung Pungguk....



Prologue

Yesterday morning (Sunday) while I was jogging near my apartment in Kerteh, I came across this creature. At first glance, I thought it was a small ugly monkey. Upon closer inspection, it looks like a burung punggok, tho I am not very sure as I always thot that normally Punggok has wide round eyes.

It didn't fly away when I went close to it to inspect. (Luckily my former PDA phone - now with only PDA functionality - has a camera. It is only a 1.3 MP camera, so it is not that clear.)
This bird ain't afraid of no human. It stares back at me when I close in on him. "Hey you, why stare stare? I may be ugly but you think you are so handsome yourself?" the bird seems to be saying to me. But it sure has very nice batik-like feathers.

Never mind, punggok or no punggok, I remember this old song - a remake by Sharifah Aini. I love this song. It is different from the normal love song - in both the melody and lyrics. Well, it still is a love song (albeit one on unrequited love), but it is more subtle and full of idioms (this time starring the owl). The backing orchestra also did a fine job with the song, for it is a difficult song to accompany - it has at least 4 different tempo (unlike normal song which normally would have two, in my amateur opinion). I can't find the lyric on the net, so I am writing it down as I remember it. I do have this song in my collection, but away in KL.
(Click here to listen to this beautiful song)

Burung Pungguk

Oh burung pungguk
Malang nasibmu
Rupamu buruk
tak siapa yang mahu

Bila malam telah tiba
Dilangit bulan bercahaya
kau berbunyi berhiba-hiba
merindukan bulan purnama
Sungguh suara mu menawan hati
kedengaran dipohon kayu
bagaikan bintang dikasihi

Tetapi wahai pungguk
Kau tak diacuhkan
Walaupun kau merajuk
Maratapi diri
Bulan hanya bagai mengatakan
Oh kasihan


Malangnya nasibmu wahai si burung pungguk
Tidak seperti burung Nuri didalam sangkar
dikasihi lelaki dan perempuan
untuk menghibur hati yang rawan


EPILOGUE

This entry was originally posted at Time in a Bottle
Monday May 28, 2007 - 09:43am (MYT)

No comments:

Post a Comment