Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How Time Flies

I was just killing time, browsing through the family albums, while Akmal was studying for his Chemistry exam when I chanced upon these pictures.

They were taken in 1999 when he was only 4 1/2 years and attending the pre-kindergarten class at League City Elementary School in Texas (south of Houston, near NASA). How times flies and how I could never retrieve the time when he was just practically a baby. He was such a sweet boy then, and of course he still is! ;-)

Horace Mann:
Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever.

Merely ten years ago and it surely feels like an eternity. I guess I can never enjoy him again as him in these pictures. I remember well his antics as a kid, and his extrovert and cheerful nature then.

Zig Ziegler:
Remember, you can earn more money, but when time is spent is gone forever.

I guess, time NOT spent together as father and son, or for that matter for any reason, would be lost forever too, if you know what I mean.
Caption: Akmal and Mrs Whitworth posing for a pic when I came avisiting. Taken in 1998.

Life in League City was reasonably fun, and I am sure for the kids, it was the best of time. Learning at a school in the United States was an experience one would never get at our more regimented school. But that's a different story.

Proverb:
Lost time is never found again

I am just reminding myself that soon, he will be on his own when he completes his secondary education, and hence I need to enjoy his presence at home while I still can.

Alexander Woollcott:
Many of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn't spend half our time wishing.

I dislike it when I feel that my character was being questioned, like in the above saying. These words ring true for me if I am honest to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment