Monday, June 28, 2010

Capello in the aftermath of the German Annihilation

Now that England has been dumped out of the World Cup that they are supposed to win, you'd wonder what would Capello be doing this summer.

Wonder not; just watch this video - hot from wintery South Africa.

Now you know.

What do you think?

EPILOGUE

Sorry, I only had a couple of hours of sleep last night. Went to the mamak to watch the Engelund game. I was full, but the restaurant keep asking if I wanted to eat anything. So I had no choice but to continue munching my way through till the very end of the annihilation.

Then woke up at 2.30 am to watch the champions-elect play - The Argies. Can't afford to miss it and the woke u at 6 am to prepare for office, so someone had to pay for my lack of sleep.

Actually that was a fun song from 1981 - it hit no 1 in UK and Australia, and you'd wonder about our taste of songs in the 80s. It is a fun song to sing along. Try it - it is infectious. You might just lighten up in the aftermath of the Engelund game.
What's-a matter you, hey, gotta no respect 
What-a you t'ink you do, 
why you look-a so sad 
It's-a not so bad, 
it's-a nice-a place 
Ah, shaddap you face
I am sure Capello would not mind telling the English press just that - Shaddap You Face.

The singer is not Don Fabio but Joe Dolce. And no, I don't blame Capello at all. And I do believe on the wisdom of Maradona. At 2-2, he said, it would have changed the complexion of the game.

As a consolation, England can leave South Africa with that pleasant thought.

The what-if thought!

For whatever it is worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment