Sunday, July 18, 2010

Total Eclipse and The Rugged Australian Coastline

I am not done yet on the most spectacular road on Earth.

In my earlier entry on the Great Ocean Road, there was a pix of the three of us at the rugged beach of Australia while doing our tour of duty there and I had captioned it as "The Australian Boys' Band with the singer in the middle". And a former classmate of mine thought it was my best pose ever. Thank you Maam, I will take that as a compliment! ;-)
I was of course joking - the caption notation, not the thank you. Yours truly was never a singer unless of course you would not mind being hit by a typhoon, if he were to sing! However, that pic reminded me of an Australian song Total Eclipse by The Expression which was shot with similar view, background and setting (as the Great Ocean Road).

I hold this song dearly - love the melody so much, and nearly three decades later, a new generation of mine (Arif that is) loves it so much to become one of his favourite songs from the 80s.

This song was released in the same year (1983) as Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler, and hence it was shorten to Total Eclipse to differentiate the two songs. Much like the 1981 hit songs 9 to 5 released by both Sheena Easton and Dolly Parton.

I think highly of this song, even if it was not so much of a commercial success.

Enjoy the song and the rugged Australian coastline.

No comments:

Post a Comment