Monday, February 25, 2008

Who authorize SPR to move my wife's voting centre?

I am fuming and the whole family is so upset with SPR.

I have mentioned in earlier entry that the general election is basically a vacation time for the family. In fact I have made hotel booking for us to do our tour of duty and we should all arrive there on Friday, ample of time for the election. (Read: Terengganu, here we come again.)

The kids are looking forward for their day having 'kepok leko' at the Kemasik beach after playing with the waves there.

Late this afternoon, while I was reading about a 119-year old woman (or was it 19 year old girl - in which case she is not eligible to vote) from Rembau in someone's blog, I went to the SPR website to confirm my polling centre and polling stream which are critical for a fast and efficient voting process on Saturday as I prefer to do my voting as early and as quickly as possible and leave for KL soon after.

This is what I found out.


No surprises there I guess.

Then I decided to check for my wife's polling centre.

This is what I found.

She is now registered in Hussein Onn under DUN Balakong and Parlimen Serdang.

The
kids and I are left fuming at this sudden of change of her polling centre. There goes our plan for a family vacation in Terengganu on the 7th March 2008 and the tradition that has been set since 1999 is now broken, perhaps forever.

The question is who authorize the change? She didn't for sure; like me she had been a voter in the same area as me in Terengganu since 1999.

For sure her IC address would be our home in Hussein Onn, and hence the change. But my IC address is Taiping and they didn't move me back for voting in Taiping.

I believe the last time we checked with the SPR website is perhaps more than six months ago, so we didn't know when this Feb 5 gazetted electoral roll is used. I honestly believe that this is done on purpose as part of a grand scheme to give advantage to certain party(ies).

Tell me, anyone, what choice do I have to fight this blatant moving of voter?

4 comments:

  1. hey, it happened too to my colleague who always vote in klang now in bandar tun razak. my boss being changed to kelantan, he never vote (that's what he said) and his ic address in kelantan only for the purpose of easy access to border... does this result from the numbering in the voting slips and arranging the voters to suit the results?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know bro, but without any good reasoning, I am inclined to believe in your theory. But in any case, do they know the outcome of the impending change? CXan they predict your boss' voting preference or my wife's for that matter? I am inclined to believe so, but have no hard evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember when you vote, the slip has a number and they record the number against your name. need i say more? well, theory is a theory but this numbering has been objected by many people in the past as they can trace who you voted. anyhow, i think they can predict more of my boss' social preference than the voting preference by the way he changed his ic address from kl to kelantan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was actually hoping that you will tell me in the negative, but I guess it is wishful thinking on my part. I would like to declare that the election null and void, if it doesn't go 'my' way...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete