Friday, March 7, 2008

My wishes for the election '08

By the time you read this, I hope I am on the way to Terengganu, or perhaps at my voting centre in SK Sura in Dungun.

If SPR think that by moving my wife's voting centre to here in KL would cause us not to travel to Terengganu where we had voted twice, then they are sadly mistaken. I hope to be travelling with the kids while she would be doing her duty casting in Selangor. Hope it will be an easy ride - nothing to rush, but hopefully Allah will make it easy for us to do our duty.

The kids with their flag before the journey

I do have a wish for this election - I mean I have many wishes for the election. I wish for a government who
  1. is clean from corruption
  2. would not pay commission of RM500 millions for purchasing a French submarines or pay commission of RM340 millions for the purchase of army aircraft or whoexploits the poor and make RM900 millions from land deals
  3. would give free education (I mean really free) for all from primary to university level
  4. would not build a crystal mosque just to showcase Islamic civilization (huh?)
  5. would guarantee the security of the people and the nation
  6. would calculate & report inflation correctly and not be in cohort with industries to increase prices at the expense of the public and consumers
  7. would not use government project to fill up one's own pockets at the expense of the country
  8. would not use ISA for any reason, nor would use C4 to blow up anyone
  9. would not appoint 'sedara-mara' to government's post or projects and run the country as if their grandfathers own them
  10. would not send Malaysian passenger in a Russsian space cab
  11. (whose) prime minister would even sleep while standing up (with the other world's leaders) - NOT!
  12. Fill up as you please

Selamat Mengundi, and may we get a (new) clean government by Sunday morning. Aameen.

EPILOGUE

I have been sent this sms by my sis. Apparently according to the sms, it was the doa recited at Nikko Hotel by Nik Aziz.

" Ya Allah, kami diserang, dihimpit dari segenap penjuru dalam menegakkan agamamu, sesungguhnya kami tak terdaya. Maka kami berserah kepadaMu untuk bantu kami dalam menegakkan agamaMu"

No comments:

Post a Comment