Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day Update


The music notes of Ibu and Seri Bunian

Arif and Akmal performing Ibu while Mak and the other guests were having their lunch. This is at my sis Farah's house in Bukit Subang.

I am not sure if anyone appreciate it that much to be honest. Except for may be Mak who thanked Arif and Akmal for the performance, though she lamented that the songs were so sad. I don't think it was meant that way. I think the violin has that effect on you. All the songs are cheery - Ibu, Seri Bunian (a lovely love song albeit one quite mystical if I may say that) and Bahasa Cinta (aka Tiada Kata Secantik Bahasa). All three songs are beautiful love song; a self-professed love song.

My bro in law (in pelikat) as the host asked us how much would we charge for such performance. Depends, I guess. Arif has played in front of the Felda bigshots and he was paid handsomely by the Felda management for two songs on the piano. But I guess he would also play for pizza!

And yeah, don't ask me why Arif looks funny in this pic. He looks like he is made from a single sheet of paper.

This is Mak and my bro's family at KLIA that night while waiting for their flight to Mekah for the Umrah. We reached there by midnight at the night Manchester United won the league!

3 comments:

  1. Dear big bro, Assalamualaikum,
    I recently found articles which answer some questions u posted in your blog (can we change our past?). It's by Yusuf Islam, and he took reference from stephen j hawkings too (just like u!). They are a must read!! Go here http://mountainoflight.com/

    and then go to 'spiritual journey'. hope you get some ideas from there. Wassalam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum salam, I am sure there are answers somewhere. Then again, not all questions have been answered by science. Will look at the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its just the efect of the wide angle lense used by the cameraman that makes arif looks like he is made of a piece of paper.
    since the lense can cover some very wide angle as u can see in the photos, it tends to create some kind of distortion which some people might find it interesting and some might not.
    to me its just beautiful

    ReplyDelete