Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Reflection

I am tired, and I am exhausted!

I am thankful though that God has given me enough for me to continue to live in comfort. Last week, He has given me another.

Alhamdulillah.

But it is really putting me under a lot of pressure. Tension, according to Malaysian lingo. Stres kata orang Indonesia. I must admit that they have correctly chosen the proper term to describe it.

Office expansion is foremost in my mind now; I need to hire engineers. Not one or two more; perhaps more than five, perhaps ten more.

A conference is looming too next week at Le Meridien co-hosted with one multinational giant. Prof Dr Peng, a legend in chemical engineering profession is coming as a plenary speaker. Prof Dr Peng is the co-author of the Peng-Robinson Equation of States which is used very widely in the industry. in 1990, this blogger had met with Prof Dr Robinson during a conference in Banff Calgary (he passed away in 2000). Now I am meeting the other half of the pair who changed the face of Chemical engineering with this 1976 PhD thesis.

As an organizing committee member, yours truly has to pick him up at KLIA on Sunday afternoon. And during the conference on Tuesday, yours truly is supposed to chair one session. He also has to host the dinner on Wednesday night.

In the same breathe, he is supposed to expand his business activities beyond the shores of Malaysia.

Everything seems to be happening at the same time. It is a nice problem to have - three years ago I was wondering where the next meal was going to come from, but it is still a problem I need to solve.

I am breathless.

2 comments:

  1. Well done..it is indeed a nice problem to have. You seem very occupied this days, innit? Goes the days when you can spend 3 nights at Perlis without any hesitation. Good luck bro. Wish I am there to meet the legendary Peng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, gone are the days. The last one I guess before you left for Newcastle. I must say I enjoyed the days in Perlis. Jogging by the river, masuk kampung kat Kangar tu, passed by a cemetery with lotsa kemboja. Oh my, the smell was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete