Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And the award goes to..

Going to a reunion, the size of the wallets is of no interest to most, so is the car one is driving, or if you have a trophy wife or husband.

Going to a reunion, happiness is when you found out that
  • You have the most hairs or
  • You have the most black hairs or
  • You have the smallest spare tyre or
  • You are the slimmest gal/lady or
  • You have the most kids
  • the kid who used to bully you is now the smallest
  • ...............(add on please)


I have been doing the slide show the past month so I have gotten used to our pics when we were all very young. In some way it was an anti-climax for me of sort as I was all expecting the 9 years old (or 12 depending on your perspective) to turn up, but like me, with so many grey hairs (and/or no hairs and thank God for the songkok that hides them all!) now that we are on the wrong side of forties. ;-)

And of course the oversized Baju Melayu and sampin songket helps hide my tummy full of lemang and ketupat! Hihihi.. Not that I was much different when I was 9 years old anyway.

Here are my takes on my old friends from primary school. No malice here guys, so take it with a pinch of salts.

There are those I would recognize anywhere even if I were to meet them at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman (with all the crowds). For this, the raut wajah has to be the same with the Std 6 (or 4 or 5) pic.

  • Fadhilah - saw her, but did not speak to her, at the end of the night, but she had not changed as far as her appearance (raut wajah). Even with her tudung
  • Norhayati - she has a unique shape of face, so boleh kenal punya
  • Aziz - muka sebijik like the Std 6 pic. When I saw him at the front of the dewan, I knew it was him. Jie, you are wrong in saying Aziz banyak berubah. The face is still the same! Yang lelain tu, Aziz dah comment sendiri dalam rumah ;-)
  • Amran - pun boleh kenal
Kok Ngai may be, then again, I have met him once in KL, so not fair for me to say that I would recognize him anytime anywhere.

Those yang I can't recognize at all. In other words, they have changed so much. Banyak this category, so I have to be choosy.

  • Eddy - if you didn't say hi to me, I would be wondering about your whereabouts that night.
  • Norlida Ghazali - the fact I have seen her photo before the reunion made her recognizable, otherwise I would not have recognized you.
Gals ni susah sikit sebab dah bertudung. Masa buat slide show, just uniform. I barely recognized Hashimah, Sarah, Rusita. Tata, sebab dah tengok dalam forum, so boleh kenal anytime la. Norlida Nordin, masih ada iras-iras zaman kanak-kanak. Rafizah I think sebab dah pakai glasses, so nampak lain sikit. Bukan, lain banyak. Nor Rida pun lain - dulu she has a round face.

  • Rambut paling lebat/hitam Award - Amran
  • Misai paling lebat Award - Lokman (tp misai paling panjang dapat kat Ckgu Hassan Basri, batch76. panjang sungguh!)
  • Janggut paling panjang Award - Eddy (?)
  • Janggut paling putih Award - Eddy
  • Remos putih Award - Shahazuddin
  • Gelak paling besar Award - Lokman/Joe (atas pentas masa ambik gambar), Rusita masa jumpa Goh Chin Chai
  • Yang tak ambik gambar family Award - Eddy, Mie (pun tak kira, dia bawak anak buah hehe)
  • Paling tak recognize Award - Joe/Eddy
  • Kata paling syahdu Award - Nazri "Kiter dulu dok sebelah". Nanti aku cari hang balik Nazri. Kita pekena teh tarik somewhere. Memang aku rindu nk sembang ngan hang citer2 lama. Bukang hang dulu rajin buat trick pakai saputangan?
  • Anti-climax award (Punya nak mai, tapi last-last tak mai jugak) - Anis
  • Last minute dapat dipujuk (dan paksa hehe) Award - Habibah, menang hamper lagi
  • Paling takut saya nak jumpa Award - Saaya (takut kena marah cakap omputih byk sangat..hehehe). Jangan mare Cikgu, melawak jer...
  • Paling tak kenai saya Award - Goh Chin Chai (tahun 84 kut sampai sudah dia tak kenai saya datang ngan joe), and I am sure many more yang tak sempat saya nak tegur pun
  • Now-no-longer-the-smallest-in-class Award - Joe
  • Still-the-biggest-guy-in-class (last time by a mile, this time by an inch) Award - sapa lagi, self award to this blogger la..hehehe (kasi can la, saya pun mau jugak)
  • Irony Award - Lokman (dulu siap stokin panjang, malam reunion tak pakai langsung!)
  • Pejuang Bahasa Lenggou (??) Award - Jie dan Saaya (ni boleh buku kan ni)
  • Paling Banyak Merapou Dalam Rumah Award - Jerd (tak der dier dulu, tak meriah)
  • MIA Award - Salmi
  • Loudest Cheers During Slide show Award - Rokiah (for her pose during the Std 4 photo)
  • Penglipur-lara Award - Joe

Most Unlikely Career - Norlida Ghazali, Captain (Rtd)
Most Popular Career - Cikgu
Career paling pelik - Suhaimi

Roti Canai paling kaw - Din's Restaurant in the morning of the 24th

Anak paling come - banyak jugak I can give, kebanyakannya come belaka. But I think

  • Fadhilah's second youngest daughter is the cutest. Joe's kids pun. Ni kira anak2 below 10 years old, older than that tak nak komen, nanti kena pelangkung! ;-)
  • Anak lelaki paling hensem - Amran's.
  • Anak paling friendly (to this blogger) - Joe's youngest son. Siap minta didokong lagi! Hihi, I didn't know I still have it in me!

Famili paling sedondon malam tu pun banyak

  • Dr Roslan - kuning
  • Norlida Nordin - ungu
  • Ada seorang lagi, I think kelas 6B kut. Satu family kuning. Anak-anak (lelaki) kecik2 pun sama.
  • Saaya - ungu
  • Amran - biru
  • Nor Rida - ungu air
  • Rosnan - brown and light brown
  • Rahman - Hijau
Ungu seems to be the colour of choice for the reunion.

Faridah from 76 pun all in light brown. All nine of them.

Grinning paling lebar - ear-to-ear or more (macamana tu?)

  • Norlida Nordin during a chat with Cikgu Hizam, n masa jumpa Cikgu Aripuddin
  • Mie masa cikgu Aziz masuk
Gambar jumpa Cikgu paling syahdu

  • Fadhilah - masa sembang ngan Cikgu Faridah and Cikgu Ainon (she was on her knees)
  • Din masa salam ngan cikgu hizam atas pentas
Pesanan paling syahdu (for me lah) - "Nanti datang rumah lagi ya Rahman" (cikgu Lily mlm reunion sebelum dia balik resthouse). I think we all should melawat dia bila2 senang, I am sure the invites is for all of us from her.

Unexpected Invites - Tata (kalau tak silap). Have to take a raincheck, Maam. Too many delicate instrument in the car - the violin, guitar and keyboard, yang nk dijaga dari panas mentari. Tu yang one of the reasons tak leh stopover tu.

Unfortunately I didn't talk personally to many, so award limited sikit kali ni, hehehe. If not, every single conversation will be recorded here and more categories will be created - biasalah tu, reporter. Just in case if you are wondering, I don't have such great memories, especially if they are only a week's old. Itulah gunanya digital cam!

Anyway, this entry is without pics, just nak bagi teaser je. Nak tau betui ke tak my observations, kena tengok sendiri gambar2 reunion. YOu have to see it to believe it. Tapi kalau nak tengok, kena tanya and carik Jie. Dia penyimpan mohor besar Coolbatch.

And sorry no offense ya. Saja suka-suka, and nak melawak with you all.

Ni masih bulan syawal. Nanti buat open house no, lps tu kiter salam balik! '-)

No comments:

Post a Comment